The value of government contracts issued by Oman doubled in 2025 to reach a record high, pushed up by tenders awarded to small and medium enterprises (SMEs). OmanThe value of government contracts issued by Oman doubled in 2025 to reach a record high, pushed up by tenders awarded to small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Oman

SMEs push up the value of contracts awarded in Oman

2026/02/16 11:53
2 min read

The value of government contracts issued by Oman doubled in 2025 to reach a record high, pushed up by tenders awarded to small and medium enterprises (SMEs).

Oman awarded tenders worth $4.4 billion in 2025, up from $2.1 billion a year earlier and 58 percent went to SMEs, the Oman Tender Board (OTB), said. 

The growth in Omani contracts was driven by the power, minerals, renewable energy, oil and gas sectors, which overtook construction in infrastructural projects in terms of value. 

Most of the awards to SMEs in 2025 were in minerals, oil and gas in a bid to “boost their businesses and compete with the established companies”, Saeed Al Amri, director general of projects at OTB, said. 

There are around 267,000 SMEs in Oman and they contributed $17 billion to the GDP in the third quarter of last year. The figure was up 6 percent compared to the same quarter in 2024, according to the National Center for Statistical Information. 

Oman’s state-owned Development Bank increased its funding to SMEs in the first half of 2025, with the value of loans given rising 13 percent year on year to $285 million, AGBI reported. 

The bank’s financing was extended to a total of 3,716 SME companies “to encourage more investments in the sultanate and capitalise on growth in support of startup businesses”. 

Further reading:

  • Oman Future Fund opens ‘quick’ loan scheme for SMEs
  • Oman hopes tourism can foster entrepreneurship and create jobs
  • Oman reports record job recruitment for nationals
Market Opportunity
4 Logo
4 Price(4)
$0.010062
$0.010062$0.010062
-0.79%
USD
4 (4) Live Price Chart
Disclaimer: The articles reposted on this site are sourced from public platforms and are provided for informational purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the views of MEXC. All rights remain with the original authors. If you believe any content infringes on third-party rights, please contact service@support.mexc.com for removal. MEXC makes no guarantees regarding the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the content and is not responsible for any actions taken based on the information provided. The content does not constitute financial, legal, or other professional advice, nor should it be considered a recommendation or endorsement by MEXC.

You May Also Like

Gold price in Malaysia: Rates on February 16

Gold price in Malaysia: Rates on February 16

The post Gold price in Malaysia: Rates on February 16 appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. Gold prices fell in Malaysia on Monday, according to data compiled by
Share
BitcoinEthereumNews2026/02/16 13:21
China drops Google antitrust case as U.S.-China talks focus on TikTok and Nvidia

China drops Google antitrust case as U.S.-China talks focus on TikTok and Nvidia

The post China drops Google antitrust case as U.S.-China talks focus on TikTok and Nvidia appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. Beijing is shelving its antitrust case against Google, as the United States and China ramp up negotiations over TikTok and Nvidia during a tense period in relations. People briefed on the matter said China’s State Administration for Market Regulation chose to end the competition inquiry into Google, a status in Chinese called “zhongzhi”, the Financial Times reported on Thursday, The FT added that Google has not yet received formal paperwork confirming the closure of the case. After talks with Chinese counterparts in Madrid, U.S. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said a September 17 deadline that could have disrupted the popular social media app in the United States pushed negotiators toward a possible agreement. He noted the deadline could be extended by 90 days to finish the terms, without giving specifics. Bessent said that when commercial details are made public, the arrangement would keep cultural features of TikTok that Chinese negotiators want to protect. “They’re interested in Chinese characteristics of the app, which they think are soft power. We don’t care about Chinese characteristics. We care about national security,” Bessent told reporters at the close of two days of meetings. Trump hinted at possible Chinese stake in TikTok Asked whether China might hold a stake, former President Donald Trump said, “We haven’t decided that but it looks to me, and I’m speaking to President Xi on Friday, for confirmation of that.” A Trump has said the platform aided his re-election last year, and his personal account counts 15 million followers. The White House launched an official TikTok account last month. Any deal may still need approval from the Republican-led Congress. In 2024, Congress passed a law saying TikTok must be sold because of worries that China could access U.S. user data and use it for spying or influence. The Trump administration has…
Share
BitcoinEthereumNews2025/09/18 14:08
Apollo to acquire Up to 90M MORPHO tokens in strategic deal

Apollo to acquire Up to 90M MORPHO tokens in strategic deal

The post Apollo to acquire Up to 90M MORPHO tokens in strategic deal appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. Apollo Global Management is moving to deepen its involvement
Share
BitcoinEthereumNews2026/02/16 13:17